Have you heard? We have new (digital) digs, and we want you to check it out with us!
Cactus Cancer Society programs are transitioning to a new online space, Cactus HQ! Make sure you’re signed up for our program email list to get the link!
We are so excited to welcome you into our brand-new space and know you’ll love it as much as we do.
Come on over to our open house on Friday, February 3rd, from 12 pm – 2 pm PT / 2 pm – 4 pm CT / 3 pm – 5 pm ET. Feel no pressure to bring a housewarming gift; your presence is present enough.
Getting started could not be easier.
First time visiting? You’ll need to create an account (which is free and takes seconds to do). You’ll be welcomed into the space, which has a lot of features, including interactive games, digital snacks, and spaces that create a soundscape around you. If for any reason, you need help at any point, feel free to email email@example.com.
Want a preview of what to expect from Kumospace? Check out the quick start guide here or check out the youtube preview here. (Please note that some of the features, like adding cake to the room, will only be available to staff 🙂
A few quick tech tips:
- Cactus HQ is best viewed through macOS or Windows desktop and laptop computers. Cell phones or tablets are not supported.
- We recommend using Google Chrome as your browser. A list of supported devices and browsers is available here.
At the heart of Cactus Cancer Society is you: our community. Our new online space, Cactus HQ, is an extension of the same online community feeling you already know and love: safe, supportive, and fun. In Cactus HQ, we want you to grab a virtual coffee, donut, or slice of pizza, sit in a comfy spot, and talk with your cancer family, just like you would at a friend’s house.
In order to establish and keep that energy and atmosphere, we ask that all participants agree to the following standards and expectations:
- Everyone is important and their rights, dignity, and worth deserve to be respected and celebrated.
- Everyone is the expert in their own care and life experience. Please be respectful of others’ lifestyle and treatment decisions.
- Anything shared in Cactus Cancer Society programs remains between participants. We embrace vulnerability, and as part of that, anything that happens in Cactus HQ stays there.
- At the start of programs, grab a seat and hang. Just like you wouldn’t run around a classroom, we ask that you stay put when workshops begin or others are speaking.
- Come as you are. Share your wins, your concerns, your silliness, and your authentic self. You never know when you’re the voice in the room that needs to be heard.
We can’t wait to see you in Cactus HQ!