Waffles are a quick and easy breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This recipe from FoodNetwork, is great but if you switch out some of the ingredients you can make the recipe easier and add some protein along the way. Double win!
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
– 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 3/4 teaspoon salt
– 3/4 cup Greek yogurt (make sure it is actual Greek yogurt and not Greek “style” yogurt. You can often find real Greek yogurt with almost 20 g of protein per serving)
– 2 large eggs
– 3/4 cup milk
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
– t tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
Mix the dry ingredients (the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt) in a medium bowl. Whisk the Greek yogurt, eggs, milk, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Then add the butter and the beaten eggs to the liquid ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until just combined.
Make according to the instructions for your waffle maker.
These are super yummy and not so bad for you either!
Do you have a favorite waffle recipe?